Following the steps of my year-end visioning routine can get you set up to kick some major-you-know-what in the new year.
I love this part of my yearly routine and I think you will too.
Early December is a great time to breathe deep, reflect on the past year, and then intentionally create a Vision for the new year!
Even though December is a good time to do this, you can create a vision at any time. A compelling vision will help you to achieve the lasting change you have been wanting. For more information on how a vision helps you to change learn more about the change formula.
Getting started with Your Vision
All you need to do is answer a few questions:
- Over the past year, what did you help create, complete or accomplish?
- What challenges did you face? What did you learn from these challenges?
- What did you say goodbye to or let go of? What did you invite into your life?
- How were you BEing that made the above possible? (use 3-7 adjectives)
Coaches tip: The game-changing gold is in the last question. As you have heard me say before, when we change our way of BEing, the DOing comes easily.
Bring Your Vision to Life
Now how to make your vision real? Here are four optional power moves to bring your vision to life (without ‘pushing’):
- Share it with your coach if you have one, and a few others who know you well. Ask them to challenge you to make it simpler, bolder, and more You. (Post it in my Facebook group to ask for feedback from me)
- Engage all 5 senses in imagining what it will look like, feel like, sound like, etc. as it’s all unfolding EASILY for you.
- Read it each morning to fire you up, and each night to engage your subconscious mind in dreaming it into reality.
- Find a structured group that can support you in your growth and share it with them.
Enjoy creating your vision!