#4: How to Succeed without Suffering
Music by: SAICS | Music produced by: Keith Milutinovic
Tools & Resources From This Episode
With these exercises, you will identify your personal Zones of Being and learn how to courageously embrace your Zone of Genius, that is ultimately freeing, bold, and an act of tremendous service.
- The Four Zones of Being Diagram (Free Download): Use Caneel’s diagram to figure out your four Zones of Being - your Zone of Incompetence, Zone of Competence, Zone of Excellence, and Zone of Genius.
- The Be, Do, Have Exercise (Free Download): Get insight and guidance so you can identify the areas of your life where you have an opportunity to step more fully into your own power as a leader. It can be applied to your life as a whole or to one domain of your life (e.g., work, romantic life, health, parenting.)
- How to Find Your Zone of Genius (Free On-Demand Webinar): Watch Caneel’s free on-demand webinar walking you through the process of identifying your Zones of Being, as well as the Be, Do, Have exercise.
Today we're going to talk about how to succeed without suffering. How can you do this? We can do this by identifying your Zone of Genius. Think about what are you here today to learn? What do you hope to get out of this experience that we're sharing today and how do you hope to be different?
I begin by sharing a story about my own personal life and where I really kicked off the journey of recovering my own Zone of Genius after pushing it into the shadows for such a long time.
After that, we will get into some hands-on exercises that have been proven time and again with my clients and many others all over the world to help people identify their Zone of Genius.
You are allowed to love all parts of yourself. You are allowed to kick ass so much more easily than you might know and you're allowed to reach your full potential and be healthy and happy while you're adding tremendous value to the world and having the impact that only you can have.
Final Note: Get the free downloads of the Zone of Genius exercises mentioned in the episode at the top of the page. This will help get you started on the path of sustainable change and lasting impact.
Tune in and learn all about…
- [02:37] Before we dive in, I want to reiterate something that I shared in the last episode, which is that my group coaching program is going live soon. I personally have grown tons by being in a group coaching setting and the window for registrations is going close on December 15th so please get your registration in ASAP.
- [04:15] So picture this, it's the year 2005. We're all still going to dance parties all night long in San Francisco. But I'm living across The Bay in Berkeley with my fiancé and I'm working on getting my PhD in Organizational Behavior at the business school. How in the world did I end up there?
- [22:26] So what is Zone of Genius? Zone of Genius is one of the four "Zones of Being" as I call them. And these four are, Zone of Genius, Zone of Excellence, Zone of Competence and Zone of Incompetence.
- [32:37] Now that we've covered what the Four Zones are, let's take in and find out what yours are. I'd love you to grab a pen and paper. This exercise will take about 15 minutes. (Get access to the free downloadable worksheets in the Tools and Resources section at the top of the page)
- [43:42] What you're doing by shifting out of your Zone of Incompetence and moving up that ladder so that you're living primarily in your Zone of Genius, that is an act of tremendous service. It is courageous. It is bold. It is freeing.
- [46:47] Overview: I've got a course actually launching around Zone of Genius. It's an online program that I'll be facilitating live and guiding you through a bunch more exercises and going way deeper into this and we will be launching that in January, so come and apply to that as well at Caneel.com. Thank you for envisioning what life might look like and feel like and the impact you might have if you were to live primarily in your Zone of Genius.
Subscribe & Review on iTunes
Are you subscribed to the show?
If you’re not, be sure and do that today. I don’t want you to miss an episode or bonus, and if you aren't subscribed, there’s a good chance you’ll miss out on those. Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
It would also really help me out if you would take a minute to leave a rating and review over on iTunes, so I can broaden my reach and my ability to help others. It's really easy too! Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite topic we cover is, and what your favorite part of the show is. I'd love your feedback on topics you're interested in for future episodes, and love hearing your overall thoughts on the show. Thank you!
LINKS & MORE: