#38: The Change Formula - Why Self-Help Books Aren’t Working for You
Free Tools & Resources From This Episode:
- Get the Change Formula Exercise (Free Download) - Navigate The Change Formula with this exercise. Whether you mean to or not, you sometimes find that you resist change. This is a continuous struggle until you are willing. This worksheet will help you to work "The Change Formula” to overcome this resistance and create the change you want.
- Get the Life Leadership Wheel (Free Download) - Get insight and guidance so you can identify the areas of your life where you have an opportunity to step more fully into your own power as a leader. It can be applied to your life as a whole or to one domain of your life (e.g., work, romantic life, health, parenting.)
- Get the Change Formula Video Guide (Free Download) - Watch this video and be guided through The Change Formula exercise handout with clear instructions and some extra support. Download The Change Formula worksheet above and use this video to walk you through the process.
- Get the Change Formula Audio-only Guide (Free Download) - Just want the audio? Listen to the guided exercise wherever you are. Download The Change Formula worksheet above and use this audio as a supplement to help you through the exercise.
Ultimate Guide to Finding the Best Coach [FREE E-BOOK DOWNLOAD]:
A comprehensive workbook to help you figure out if you or employee needs coaching, is coachable, what kind of coaching is needed, and also to guide you through the coach search process with worksheets to track and set yourself up for success when working with a coach. Plus, stats you can share with your manager or community that support and give evidence of why coaching is important.
HIGHLIGHTS FROM THIS EPISODE
Why haven’t I changed, when I want to so much? How can I overcome my resistance to change? How can I create lasting change? Are these some questions you find yourself asking every time you look at your life and career goals? Today we take a deep look into the Change Formula, which is a groundbreaking method that, when implemented correctly, helps you create sustainable, lasting change. We have free will, and taking 100% responsibility for how we show up is key to this process. Resistance to change is real – we are humans who are always going to seek stability. But, with the foundational knowledge of the Change Formula, it is possible to overcome resistance to change. You are allowed to stay the same. And you are allowed to change. And you are allowed to choose which path you want without any guilt or shame or remorse. You are allowed to achieve the change you’ve been wanting and this episode will show you how.
- 7:08 - What does resistance have to do with change and how can we overcome it?
- 11:46 - The role free will as conscious leaders plays in our own accountability for things happening in our lives and the change we are or are not making.
- 16:36 - Some of the main reasons why we will not be able to overcome resistance to change.
- 19:13 - How do you find the willingness to change? How do you use the change formula?
- 25:02 - What role does discomfort play in sustainable change?
Subscribe & Review on iTunes
Are you subscribed to the show?
If you’re not, be sure and do that today. I don’t want you to miss an episode or bonus, and if you aren't subscribed, there’s a good chance you’ll miss out on those. Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
It would also really help me out if you would take a minute to leave a rating and review over on iTunes, so I can broaden my reach and my ability to help others. It's really easy too! Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite topic we cover is, and what your favorite part of the show is. I'd love your feedback on topics you're interested in for future episodes, and love hearing your overall thoughts on the show. Thank you!
LINKS & MORE MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE: