#40: How I Became a Coach
Ultimate Guide to Finding the Best Coach [FREE E-BOOK DOWNLOAD]:
A comprehensive workbook to help you figure out if you or employee needs coaching, is coachable, what kind of coaching is needed, and also to guide you through the coach search process with worksheets to track and set yourself up for success when working with a coach. Plus, stats you can share with your manager or community that support and give evidence of why coaching is important.
HIGHLIGHTS FROM THIS EPISODE
Have you ever wondered what it takes to start your own coaching practice? Are you interested in getting an inside perspective on what training is out there? What training do you even need to get started in the world of coaching? This week’s episode offers personal insight into Caneel’s journey to becoming a coach. She also shares a few common misconceptions and roadblocks that many prospective coaches run into, as well as some warnings of scams and pyramid schemes for you to avoid. Do you think you might want to become a coach but don’t know where to start? After listening to this episode, you will have a much better understanding of the purpose of coaching and what it might take for you to start on the path to becoming a coach of yourself or others.
- 3:59 - Some background on Caneel and her career journey.
- 7:04 - Caneel went to grad school to get her PhD.
- 9:09 - After a short stint as a professor overseas, Caneel returned to the high-tech industry which quickly turned into a career as a consultant.
- 13:15 - Caneel decided to change the way she approached planning for her career and future - thinking more long term purpose and goals instead of short term career moves.
- 18:13 - How Caneel grew her coaching business by gaining experience. After Caneel started organizing her life around presence, that is when her career as a coach really started growing exponentially.
- 22:12 - Caneel gives advice to those looking to start or grow their own coaching practice as well as pointing out some common mistakes new coaches or potential coaches might make.
Subscribe & Review on iTunes
Are you subscribed to the show?
If you’re not, be sure and do that today. I don’t want you to miss an episode or bonus, and if you aren't subscribed, there’s a good chance you’ll miss out on those. Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
It would also really help me out if you would take a minute to leave a rating and review over on iTunes, so I can broaden my reach and my ability to help others. It's really easy too! Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite topic we cover is, and what your favorite part of the show is. I'd love your feedback on topics you're interested in for future episodes, and love hearing your overall thoughts on the show. Thank you!
LINKS & MORE MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE: