#48: Listen to Your Body and Discover Your Zone of Genius
Free Tools & Resources From This Episode:
- How to Find Your Zone of Genius (Free On-Demand Webinar): Watch Caneel’s free on-demand webinar walking you through the process of identifying your Zones of Being, as well as the Be, Do, Have exercise. When you signup to watch the on-demand workshop, you will automatically all of the free tools below!
- The Four Zones of Being Diagram (Free Download): Use Caneel’s diagram to figure out your four Zones of Being - your Zone of Incompetence, Zone of Competence, Zone of Excellence, and Zone of Genius.
- 5 Steps to Living in Your Genius (Free Download): With this practical 5 step checklist process, you will begin to move forward on the path of actually living 70% of your time in your Zone of Genius.
- Daily Energy Audit (Free Download): Become aware of what tasks drain you and give you life with this daily energy audit.
- Discover your Restorative Zone of Genius Worksheet (Free Download): Follow these steps to find your Restorative Zone of Genius and take action on creating space to restore like a rockstar!
- The Zone of Genius Mind Map (Free Download): See how you can integrate your Zone of Genius into all areas of your life by examining your Community, Gifts, Quality of Life, and Impact.
- Emotional Intelligence Chart (Free Download): Understand what your body is truly telling you about your deep-rooted emotional state with this easy to use diagram.
- The Be, Do, Have Exercise (Free Download): Get insight and guidance so you can identify the areas of your life where you have an opportunity to step more fully into your own power as a leader. It can be applied to your life as a whole or to one domain of your life (e.g., work, romantic life, health, parenting.)
Ultimate Guide to Finding the Best Coach [FREE E-BOOK DOWNLOAD]:
A comprehensive workbook to help you figure out if you or employee needs coaching, is coachable, what kind of coaching is needed, and also to guide you through the coach search process with worksheets to track and set yourself up for success when working with a coach. Plus, stats you can share with your manager or community that support and give evidence of why coaching is important.
HIGHLIGHTS FROM THIS EPISODE
Wow, it was 17 years ago, when I was a 25-year-old, very fit, bright-eyed, and bushy-tailed, Ph.D. student in Berkeley. And if you looked at me on the outside, you'd think that I was really a model of health, and yet I couldn't even walk down the street because I had excruciating pain. My back and all of my skin were inflamed, my nerves ached down my legs, and I couldn't feel my feet. Every single thing I moved would make it hurt worse, and I got there because I wasn't listening to my body. I was listening to voices of self-judgment, and to this idea that I needed to be something that I wasn't in order to be what I thought I wanted to be, in order to have what I thought I wanted and needed to have.
For me, it took two years of being in that program for my body to really start fighting back. This is a pretty common experience for those who are pushing themselves too hard, and often the reason we do that is because we're living outside of what's called your Zone of Genius. When we're living outside of our Zone of Genius the energy it takes to perform is magnificently heavy, and it can be life-draining, can lead to burnout, and success is just not as easy or fun.
It took me deciding that I can't let these expectations I'm putting on myself continue to be the thing that erodes my body such that I feel like an 85-year-old, and I'm only 25 years old. If you're there and if you're suffering, I want to invite you into an experience, where you can listen to your own body and discover your Zone of Genius, live in flow, and finally learn to succeed without suffering.
Subscribe & Review on iTunes
Are you subscribed to the show?
If you’re not, be sure and do that today. I don’t want you to miss an episode or bonus, and if you aren't subscribed, there’s a good chance you’ll miss out on those. Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
It would also really help me out if you would take a minute to leave a rating and review over on iTunes, so I can broaden my reach and my ability to help others. It's really easy too! Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite topic we cover is, and what your favorite part of the show is. I'd love your feedback on topics you're interested in for future episodes, and love hearing your overall thoughts on the show. Thank you!
LINKS & MORE MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE: